The Caribbean Science Foundation invites students who are currently pursuing an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in neither linguistics, mass communications, business or an associated discipline, to apply for positions as Student Interns. Students pursuing degrees in science and technology may also apply if there is a communications or business component to their course of study. Primary responsibilities would include a subset of the tasks listed below, depending on the background of the student.
• Updating and maintaining content on CSF website and social media platforms
• Assisting with CSF marketing and PR campaigns
• Assisting with and executing CSF projects and programs
• Assisting with writing and reviewing proposals
• Helping to redesign, and launch the CaribVenture initiative ‐ an entrepreneurship seed fund and incubator for Caribbean technology‐based start‐up businesses
The successful candidate should be:
• An excellent communicator (verbal and written)
• Able to create and update social media platforms
• Highly proficient in use of the Microsoft suite of programs
• Highly organized, capable of multi‐tasking & efficiently executing assignments
• A team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
• Pro‐active, self‐reliant, self‐motivated, resourceful and creative
• Reliable, responsible and committed to excellence in work
This is also an opportunity for a student interested in business to develop the business aspects of the internship into a Masters or Ph.D. thesis. Hours are flexible, but agreed upon milestones and goals must be met. A modest stipend will be provided. To apply, please email a cover letter, CV, transcript for all years at university, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com with ‘CSF Student Intern Application’ in the subject line. Positions remain open until filled.