– In BGISMedia News in an article titled “Changes In Education System Already On Stream,”Minister of Education Ronald Jones welcomed the sentiments of Prof. Warde on the need for change in the island’s education system.
– The Barbados Advocate has produced three articles related to Prof. Cardinal Warde’s Lecture:
• On December 1, 2011 an article titled “International Partnerships Important” dealt with the issue of business development in Barbados, in particular with respect to science and technology. This was in response to Prof. Warde’s statements that international partners are necessary in the development of pharmaceuticals drugs in the Caribbean.
• In the 4th of December 2011 article “Straight to the Point: 11-plus removes class/colour bias”there was some expected push back where the author, Mr. John Blackman, said that “… A significant can i buy adderall online number of people calling for the abolition of the examination have failed to appreciate how it has leveled the playing field over the past 30 to 40 years.”
• On the 5th of December 2011 in the article “Multifocal learning is key”, Minister of Education Ronald Jones responds to the question posed by Prof. Cardinal Warde on the need for reform in the island’s secondary entrance examination by stating “…the Ministry responsible for education will look towards pushing for a more holistic approach to learning for its students.”
– The Nation News also carried articles on the lecture on November 23rd, 2011 titled “11-Plus reform a must” and a November 27th, 2011 titled “Curriculum shift ‘a must’: Prof sees this as best for Caribbean.” According to to first article, Professor Warde stated, “What we need in this region is the will to change it [the 11-Plus]” and in the second article “…the 11-plus places limitations on slow learners, thwarting their desire to realize their true potential,”